A Request for Application (RFA) for Willamette Workforce Partnership’s (WWP’s) Y-CAN program is now available on the WWP website.
The purpose of this RFA is to build a strong pool of community-based organizations (CBOs) in Linn County. In the next year, WWP will work with qualified organizations and entities to recruit and refer hard-to-reach youth between the ages of 14-24 to WWP’s Y-CAN workforce program. Successful applicants for this grant will be paid $2,000 for each enrolled participant plus an additional $500 per participant to offer participant support.
Qualified organizations and entities will be located in Linn County AND:
- Recruit and refer youth aged 14-24 to the Y-CAN program.
- Provide and monitor Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for youth referred to the Y-CAN program.
- Track the completion of referrals to the Y-CAN program.
- Perform ongoing check-ins with youth referred to the Y-CAN program and to paid work experience opportunities.
- Offer participating youth financial support such as gas cards, clothing, and tools, as necessary.
Ideal respondents will demonstrate previous success with serving youth populations that meet one or more of the following:
- Communities of color,
- Rural Communities,
- Communities that have faced generational poverty,
- English Language Learners,
- Communities historically underrepresented in youth employment.
Following WWP’s vision and mission of advancing equity and inclusion, WWP encourages the participation of respondents certified as small businesses, minority-owned firms, and women’s business enterprises that meet the requirements of eligible respondents. WWP is committed to equal opportunity in its contracting process.
If you are interested in applying for this service, please complete the application by clicking on the button below.
This application closes on August 15, 2022